Energy saving and environmental protection as standard.
Wolf KG Top / KGW Top
Maximum flexibility in design - highest efficiency in operation:
Extremely versatile at the engineering stage, easy to handle during transportation and installation, and highly efficient for the user: The KG Top series of appliances represents efficient bespoke air handling equipment for any building project.
The novel design of the air-handling units combines many new ideas in perfect cooperation. Thanks to the push-together frame design, the whole installation can be dismantled to simplify transport, delivery, assembly and servicing.
The new method of construction using the latest components also brings maximum energy efficiency, lowering life-cycle costs.
Due to the high-quality materials, the devices satisfy all the needs of operational safety. All Wolf devices, for instance, can also be supplied in versions that satisfy the Atex explosion protection directive.
The 50 mm casing panels are insulated with high grade, non-flammable mineral wool (A1). All air-conducting surfaces are galvanised, provided with additional powder coating or made of stainless steel. All gaskets are closed cell, non-moisture absorbent and resistant to disinfectants and ageing.
All surfaces that come into contact with the air are made of materials that do not emit any hazardous substances or offer any breeding ground for micro-organisms.
KG Top.eco – even more economical as a result of thermal casing separation
Extremely versatile at the engineering stage, easy to handle during transport and installation, and highly efficient for the user: The KG Top series of appliances represents the most efficient bespoke air handling technology for any building project, today. With the KG Top.eco, Wolf has extended its series of air handling units to include a version with a thermal bridge factor TB2 to EN 1886. The appliance frame is thermally perfectly separated, and features a weather-resistant plastic jacket and special door design. This prevents the formation of condensate on the casing, even where there are major differences in temperature and very high humidity levels. The 50 mm casing panels are insulated with high grade, non-combustible mineral wool (A1). All surfaces that come in contact with the air are galvanised (alternatively, they can be powder-coated or made of stainless steel). All gaskets are closed cell, non-moisture absorbent and resistant to disinfectants and ageing. All surfaces that come into contact with the air are made of materials that do not emit any hazardous substances or offer any breeding ground for microorganisms.
The KG Top.eco can be used in all areas that are subject to higher humidity levels, such as saunas, swimming pools, production facilities and tropical regions.
It is available with an air handling rate of up to 17,000 m3/h, can be individually configured and is compatible with the current KG Top series.
- Thermal transmission category T2
- Thermal bridge category TB2
- Casing tightness category L1
- Mechanical strength D1
- Material category to DIN 4102 A1 (non-combustible)
- Sound attenuation dimension Rw 43 dB to DIN EN ISO 717T1
Air conditioning systems of the future
» ... with energy-saving, highly efficient heat recovery
» ... certified according to DIN 1946-T4 (12/2008) for hospital hygiene
» ... with integrated cooling equipment
» ... for the protection of building fabric and swimming pool technology
» ... with integrated controller
New features at a glance:
- Smooth-running, efficient EC motors combined with latest generation of fan impellers
- Bag filters with no floor contact – free floating so hygienically flawless
- Adjacent, modulating VRF (variable refrigerated flow) units for heating and cooling, 10 – 50 kW
- Complete air handling unit with heat recovery system, integral boiler, variable speed refrigerator and heat pump
- Highly efficient countercurrent plate heat exchanger or crosscurrent heat exchanger with temperature transfer levels of up to 90 % (dry)
- Highly efficient thermal wheel heat exchanger (TWHE) with temperature and humidity transfer levels of over 90 % and unprecedented tightness rates of 98 % to VDI 3803/5.
- New control unit for swimming pool ventilation enables efficient dehumidification of swimming baths. The heat demand is covered by a heat recovery system, supported by a DHW coil
Other advantages of the Wolf KG Top
- The frame and panels can be made of stainless steel
- Standard registers accord with VDI 6022
- KGX with very high efficiencies (up to 92% heat recovery)
- Optimum force transmission through attachment of the adjusting motors directly to the axes
- Device is highly recyclable, as it can be fully dismantled - combinations of various device sizes are possible
- Four handle variations
- High-voltage tested according to VDE 0700 as standard
- GS test mark
- Electromagnetic compatibility
- Sound reduction index with test certificate
- Customer consultation with Wolf TGA experts
- Factory commissioning + chief erector on demand
- Short lead times, as parts are kept in stock in the warehouse at Mainburg
- Made in Germany!
Profitability calculation according to DIN V 18599-3 and VDI 2067-1
When it comes to air conditioning, cheap is eventually dear! Short-term considerations based on a comparison of the capital costs of conventional HVAC installations as against installations optimised for life-cycle costs (LCC) leads to high operating costs in subsequent years. Wolf air conditioning installations fitted with components such as fans and heat exchangers that have been optimised for LCC, feature markedly reduced power consumption and significantly better efficiency. In the long term, this brings a significant reduction in annual operating costs.
Lebenszykluskosten RLT-Geräte (ZIP/ 532 kB)